SECTION 24G APPLICATION AND IMPACT ASSESSMENT REPORT FOR PRE-APPLICATION PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
The Applicant, Botriver Hills Trading (Pty) Ltd., commenced with listed activities without the necessary environmental authorisation and is now applying for ex post facto approval. Activities unlawfully commenced with included expansion of two instream dams in a watercourse, construction of internal access roads, a change of land use from grazing to cultivation, and construction of a wine cellar and helicopter landing pad.
Location: Portions 7 and 10 of the farm Avontuur 429, Theewaterskloof, Western Cape, 6 km southeast of Botriver.
Application will be made in terms of the National Environmental Management Act, 1998 and the Section 24G Fine Regulations (GNR 698 of 2017) for retrospective environmental authorisation of activities commenced between 2000 and 2009 that were unlawful in terms of the Environment Conservation Act, 1989 and the Environmental Impact Assessment Regulations of 1997 and 2006, as amended. The following listed activities were relevant at the time of commencement:
- GNR 1182 & 1183 of 1997: Activity 1(j), for the upgrading of a dam; and
- GNR 670 and 672 of 2002: Activities 1(d), 1(j) and 2 (d), for the upgrading of a dam, construction of internal access roads, and change in land use from grazing to cultivation.
- GNR 386 of 2006: Activities 1(j), 1(q), and 19 for construction of the wine cellar and helicopter landing pad.
Opportunity to participate: A pre-application public participation process will commence on Thursday 23 September 2021 and end on 25 October 2021. Interested and affected parties (I&APs) are invited to register and to provide comments on a draft section 24G application and impact assessment report, available for download below or on request from the Environmental Assessment Practitioner at the details below. When registering or commenting, I&APs must provide their name, contact details, and an indication of any direct business, financial, personal or other interest which they have in the application.
To register or comment you may use the form below or contact the Environmental Assessment Practitioner as follows:
- By post to Infinity Environmental, Suite 17, Private Bag X11, Mowbray 7705
- By WhatsApp message to 079 086 1453
- By fax to 086 591 8616